Simple effective tips to boost your immune this winter!
Viewing entries in
Nutrition & Diet
Delicious and healthy Mexican slow cooker recipe that takes 10 minutes snd makes 8 serves..
Yummy, easy nourishing, healing chicken soup!
What should I be eating while I’m trying to conceive?
Detox tips to enhance your life
Tips to improve male fertility and sperm and general health.
Read on to discover simple tips to reduce heartburn during pregnancy.
Pumpkin is in season and it’s the perfect time to be eating warm, nourishing soups. I created this recipe and I'd love to know what you think! The quinoa adds some protein which is great for vegans :-)
Read about how a 45 year old woman from Sydney's eastern suburbs fell pregnant naturally and had her dream baby, after ten years of trying to conceive with her partner.
1. Get moving every day! Exercise increases your Qi (life force) and vitality.
2. Eat more nutrient dense foods- veges and protein and always ensure you stay hydrated.
3. DIY acupressure to point Stomach 36 as it boosts your Qi...
Location: four finger widths down from the bottom of your kneecap, along the outer boundary of your shin bone, you will feel a small indent/depression there.
How: Press on either or both leg points, using your thumbs for up to 3 minutes at a time. Take slow deep restorative breaths. Do this daily.
What makes you feel more energised? Got any tips to share?
This is my all time favourite summer salad!! The coriander, mint, coconut and fresh lime salsa is a sensational combination of flavours alongside the mangoes and avocados. Serves 4, prep 20 mins, cooks in less than 10.
Pregnancy nausea can be a living hell and feel like an eternal evil hangover (without the party)! I'm sorry you are suffering. It's a very personal journey and is important to find what works for you and your body at the time. T
1. The most important thing to do is to become a ‘SNACK QUEEN.’ Keep something in your stomach at all times to regulate your blood sugar levels. Set an alarm every two hours to remind you. It doesn’t have to be healthy or big just something, even if it’s potato crisps.
Try snacking on almonds, crackers, miso soups (the Spiral brand sachets with seaweed are really good), noodles, pasta, dried fruit, yogurt, and white bread!
Sugary foods should be avoided as your blood sugar levels will spike> carbs are better. Eat easy to digest foods- slow cooked, baked veges (good to prep a heap of baked veges to graze on during the week), raw fruit, well cooked grains and soups.
Don’t feel bad if you hate eating vegetables and you normal diet, you can eat them for the rest of your life, the main thing is to get through this rough patch. Trust me, your passion and identity with food will return.
2. STAY HYDRATED try fresh chilled coconut water, chamomile tea, Hydralite ice-blocks , ginger tea, ginger ale or apple cider vinegar with warm water and honey. Some women love sucking on ice cubes (try coconut ones too if you like that flavour).
3. SMELLS- using peppermint or vanilla in an aromatic oil burner at home or work can help alleviate odour sensitivities. If you are vomiting into the toilet, put some peppermint drops down the loo beforehand, so you have something better to smell. Some people find smelling medical swabs does the trick, as it overrides any other scent.
4. If you feel better when you REST then do it more! Delegate as much as possible and create boundaries with your social life.
Hopefully the symptoms pass after the first trimester you can eat greens and feel human again.
5. Regular acupuncture and acupressure can help resolve morning sickness naturally:
This point (Pericardium 6) is located 3 finger breadths up from your wrist crease, in between the two tendons. If you put your hand into a fist and pull it towards you, it makes it easier to find the point.
Hold this spot with your opposing thumb and take some slow, deep breaths. Hold for 1-3 minutes several times a day when you feel nausea (either wrist is fine).
It helps to resolve the 'Rebellious Qi' ( a Chinese medicine term which means the stomach energy which is meant to descend is rising up due to all the changes happening in your uterus). This special acupuncture point perfectly safe in pregnancy and can also help to resolve anxiety. If you get acupuncture there are heaps more points to address your nausea.
Good luck! Emma xx
The acupressure point, ST36 (Zusanli), is one of the 11 heavenly acupuncture points. It is located on both legs, four finger widths down from the bottom of your kneecap, along the outer boundary of your shin bone, you will feel a small indent/depression there.
Press on either or both points for up to 3-5 minutes at a time. You can do this several times a day if you wish. This point helps to increase your Qi, strengthen the Stomach and Spleen, improve your digestion and increase Blood production. Well done!
Moxibustion (moxa), also known as mugwort, is an ancient herb which facilitates iron absorption. You can do moxibustion over ST36 for 5 minutes a day for ten days and your iron & energy levels should increase. Come in for a consultation and acupuncture treatment, and I will show you which special & safe techniques to use.
In traditional Chinese medicine, iron deficiency anaemia is usually diagnosed as a Qi (energy) & Blood deficiency. As your precious baby grows, there is a huge demand placed on your body to produce extra Qi and Blood...